FiiO K5 Overview
The K5 from Fiio is a high quality headphone amplifier and DAC with an integrated dock for Fiio audio players, such as the X1, X3II, X5II, X7, and E17K. The headphone amplifier utilizes a Texas Instruments TPA6120A2 chipset, which provides an extra current amplification stage resulting in high current output suitable for highly dynamic program material. The headphone output offers three gain settings which accommodates for a variety of headphone sensitivities.
For connections, the K5 offers stereo RCA inputs and outputs, as well as a balanced output via two TRS 1/8″ / 3.5 mm. The rear dock port is a secondary input for docking Fiio players, should you wish to bypass the top loaded dock. A USB port is offered as a pass through for USB functions such as USB storage read/write and USB DAC functions. The K5 ships with a power supply.
- Docking Solutions
- Fiio X series music players X1, X3II, X5II, X7, and the DAC/Amp E17K utilize a 11-pin micro SUB port and may realize exclusion docking expansion functions such as amplification and charging
- High Output Headphone Amplifier
- Utilizing TI’s TPA6120A2 current feedback headphone driver, the K5 utilizes exclusive technology to lower its output impedance to a transparent <1 ohm and increase its maximum output power to up to 1.5W@ 32 ohms. Utilizing an extra current amplification stage and comprising an internal high efficiency, low noise power supply, the K5 has high current output, satisfying highly dynamic program material, and has three gain settings suitable for headphones of different sensitivities
- Finely Crafted Design
- Compared to the last-generation E-series products, the K5 has made a breakthrough strides in exterior designs and craft, with lower tolerances for all joints and seams, more high-quality sanded surface finish and an indented front bezel assembly for a further upgrade in appearance
- Synchronized Power On/Off
- When the K5 powers on/off, the docked X1, X3II, X5II, X7, or E17K will power on/off in sync, a great convenience for users and a sign of complete integration of the docked devices
- Expanded USB DAC Functions
- The K5 realizes further amplification of X3II, X5II, X7, E17K’s DAC signal by directly connecting them to USB source through USB In port and receiving the decoded line signal through the dock for amplification. (USB DAC driver installations for X3II, X5II, X7, and E17K required where applicable)